Recipe: Dr. Jiwani’s Grain-Free Vegan Pie Crust
(Low Carb Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Sugar-Free for Vegan Paleo Keto & Candida Diets)
Dr. Jiwani’s Grain-Free Vegan Pie Crust is very versatile and can be used with any fruit or cream filling. Whether it’s a holiday feast or just because, pies are warm, loving comfort food. I knew I had to adapt a healthy version catering to those with various modified diets. I love using Coconut for its rich tropical flavour, wonderful health benefits and good fats that will help to keep you full.
Dr. Jiwani’s Grain-Free Vegan Pie Crust is suitable for those looking for a nutritious sweet fix, yet Low Carb, Gluten-Free, Egg-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Corn-Free and even those following Allergy-Free, Paleo, Keto & Candida Diets.
Refined, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil Can Be Deadly
Historically, coconut had a poor reputation as a saturated fat that clogs arteries & increases cholesterol. These health concerns are due to hydrogenated coconut oil used in processed foods, such as pastries, desserts & baked goods. Research has hydrogenated saturated fats linked to obesity, high blood pressure, heart attack & stroke.
Conversely, raw, organic coconut has many superfood benefits. Coconut meat is a source of protein, healthy fats, fiber & various vitamins & minerals including calcium, potassium and other electrolytes. Coconut is the best oil for weight & fat loss. The medium chain fats in coconut are metabolized differently in the body, improving metabolism, fat burning, loss of belly fat & improving calorie burning & calorie reduction through fullness.
Proven Health Benefits of Raw, Organic Coconut:
- Alzheimer’s Disease: neurodegeneration, improving memory & brain function
- Cancer Prevention: ketones starve cancer, MCTs kill H.pylori bacteria, lowers free radicals, anti-aging & prevents degenerative diseases
- Diabetes: affects insulin hormone levels for energy & preventing fat gain
- Energy & Metabolism: MCT go to the liver to make ketones for energy & are not stored as fat
- Hair & Skin: improves health & texture of skin & hair, moisturizes, reduces inflammation
- Heart Health: improves HDL “good” cholesterol, reduces risk heart disease
- Immunity: lauric acid is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal (candida/yeast Infections), anti-parasitic & anti-viral
- Inflammation & Arthritis
- Kidney & Bladder: reduces bladder infections, prevents kidney disease
- Leaky Gut: improves digestion & absorption of vitamins, minerals & nutrients
- Liver Protective
- Thyroid: supports thyroid levels & function
- Weight & Metabolism: stimulates metabolism, fat burning, calorie utilization, loss of belly fat & improved calorie burning & calorie reduction through fullness
Happy Pie Baking!
Dr. Jiwani’s Grain-Free Vegan Pie Crust
Serving: 24 Individual Ramekins or Half Pint Mason Jars
4 cup Organic Unsweetened Shredded Coconut (Avoid Sulphites) Let’s Do Organic Brand
1 cup Ground Chia Seeds
½ cup 100 g Xylitol Xyla Brand Only (For Low Carb, Keto & Candida Diets) *Use either Xylitol or Coconut Nectar
Pinch Himalayan Sea Salt
1 cup 250 mL Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
1 cup 250 mL Coconut Butter Nutiva Brand
½ cup 100g Organic Coconut Nectar (For Paleo & Low Glycemic Diets)
NO OVEN REQUIRED – THIS IS RAW (this means the heat doesn’t destroy the valuable nutrients)
Prepare 24 half pint 500 mL mason jars or individual ramekins ensuring they are clean & dry with the lids removed
Add Shredded Coconut to food processor and grind into a fine ground consistency
Measure all other ingredients into the ground coconut in food processor
Pulse the food processor to combine ingredients well
Scoop crust mixture into 24 individual ramekins / half pint mason jars
Use the bottom of a small glass or spice bottle that fits into the ramekin or mason jar, i.e. something with a flat bottom to press the crust down or push with your fingers to cover the bottom and sides.
Add pie filling of your choice, such as Dr. Jiwani’s Vegan Pumpkin Pie (Nut-Free Low Carb Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Sugar-Free for Vegan Paleo Keto & Candida Diets)
It should be the right consistency to mold the crust to the mason jars evenly.
Pour Pie Filling into Ramekins / Mason Jars accordingly per recipe
Refrigerate Pie Pan or Ramekins / Mason Jars for at least 1 hour to let it set
For a Healthy, Low Carb, Allergy-Free Holiday Feast serve with:
Dr. Jiwani’s Vegan Pumpkin Pie
I prefer to use the Half Pint Mason Jars as:
Dessert can be made ahead of time, even 24 hours ahead
Easy storage of dessert made ahead as the half pint mason jars are stackable with lids on
No high maintenance serving of dessert
Each individual has their own dessert
Easy storage of leftovers
AVOID PLASTIC for storage due to cancer causing & hormone disrupting chemicals that leach into the food
- Please avoid your specific food allergies. This recipe is allergy-free as above, when the correct ingredients are used as per the recipe above.
Subscribe to My Blog as More Recipes & Health Nuggets will be Coming Soon…
This post is for educational purposes only and does not advocate self-diagnosis. Due to individual variability, consultation with a licensed physician is highly recommended, prior to starting a natural treatment plan.
For further information, see Terms of Our Website.