FAQ Cosmetic Injections
Read on for Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Cosmetic Injections to answer all your questions on Neuromodulator Wrinkle Therapy & Dermal Fillers.
FAQ Aesthetics: What are Wrinkle Injections?
Wrinkle Injections use purified natural proteins for aesthetic medicine. Both Botox Cosmetic & Xeomin Cosmetic are approved by Health Canada and are now the most commonly performed cosmetic injection worldwide.
FAQ Aesthetics: How do Wrinkle Injections Work?
A tiny amount of protein is injected accurately into the muscles that cause the wrinkles, to relax them. The proteins are called neuromodulators, which safely and temporarily block nerve impulses, smoothing out the wrinkle creases in the skin. When executed artfully, wrinkle injections create a younger, awakened appearance, without looking frozen or feeling numb.
FAQ Aesthetics: What Areas can Wrinkle Injections Treat?
Cosmetic Injections treat wrinkles:
- Around the Eyes (Crow’s Feet – Smile lines)
- Horizontal lines in the Forehead (Surprise lines)
- Vertical lines between Eyebrows (Frown lines)
Therapeutically Injections can also treat:
- Hyperhidrosis (Excessive Sweating)
- Headaches and/or Migraines
- Tight Jaw Muscles (for TMJ Syndrome / to narrow Square Face Shape)
FAQ Aesthetics: What are the Benefits of Wrinkle Injections?
Benefits of Cosmetic Wrinkle Injections:
- Fast, painless, in office procedure
- Less invasive with no downtime unlike cosmetic surgery
- Gradual softening of facial lines lasting 3 – 6 months
FAQ Aesthetics: Is there a Recovery Time with Wrinkle Injections?
Wrinkle injections are so quick with minimal discomfort that most patients can resume their normal activities after treatment. The odd patient may experience slight bruising or headache.
FAQ Aesthetics: How Long can Wrinkle Injections Last?
When you discuss your expectations with Dr. Jiwani, she will recommend the amount of protein you may need. The treatment time may be up to 15 minutes, depending on which areas you would like to address. After a few days, the effects of the treatment become noticeable in gradual softening of your skin’s appearance, with facial lines and wrinkles reducing markedly over 2 weeks. The effects of Wrinkle Injections vary in patients, though typically it can last up to 6 months. Maintenance treatments are often required, with repeated injections often producing a longer lasting effect.
FAQ Aesthetics: Are Wrinkle Injections Safe?
Wrinkle injections are quick and painless, with really no downtime in most patients. Occasionally, the odd patient may experience any temporary symptoms of redness, numbness, bruising or headache. Rarely, if the protein migrates to the upper eyelid, a transient slight drooping can occur. This is self correcting over time. Wrinkle Injections should not be done on:
- Pregnant or Breast-feeding Women
- Patients with Neuromuscular disorders (Myasthenia Gravis, Eaton Lambert Syndrome)
- Patients with Facial Infections
- Patients Allergic to Botox or Xeomin
FAQ Aesthetics: What is the Difference between Botox & Xeomin?
Dr. Jiwani prefers Xeomin instead of Botox because:
- Xeomin is the purest form, without complex proteins (human albumin) = Less Allergic Reactions with Long Term Use
- Xeomin does not require refrigeration = Less Compromised Injections from Temperature Instability
- Xeomin has been proven to have the same therapeutic effect as Botox without the issues above
FAQ Aesthetics: How Much does Botox / Xeomin Cost?
Dr. Jiwani charges $7.50 per unit. On average, patients may use 20-50 units. Patient dosages range with:
- Gender (Men often require more as their muscles are stronger)
- Repeated Use (Increased treatments have a longer lasting effect)
- Number of areas treated (More areas require more protein)
- Individual variability
FAQ Aesthetics: How Much do Injectable Dermal Fillers Cost?
Dr. Jiwani charges $599 per syringe. On average, patients may use 1 – 10 syringes, depending on their goals, number of areas treated and degree of sagging.
Hyaluronic acid is a natural solution to enhance aging skin to treat wrinkles & fine lines by adding volume strategically. Hyaluronic acid can improve sagging facial features as the natural volume can structurally lift, plump and enhance cheeks, sculpt chins, jawlines, and temples, as well as improving volume in thin or wrinkled lips.
Aesthetic treatments including wrinkle injections (Botox/Xeomin) and dermal injectable fillers cannot be billed under extended health benefits.
Get Wrinkle Injections with Dr. Jiwani: Call 604.679.9988
Areas Treated: Between Eyebrows (Frown Lines) & Corners of Eyes (Crow’s Feet – Smile Lines) & Double Chin (Mesotherapy & Lipodissolve)
Areas Treated: Between Eyebrows (Frown Lines) & Corners of Eyes (Crow’s Feet – Smile Lines)
Get Cosmetic Injections with Dr. Jiwani: Call 604.679.9988
This information is for educational purposes only and does not advocate self-diagnosis. Due to individual variability, consultation with a licensed health professional, such as a licensed naturopathic physician is highly recommended, prior to starting a natural treatment plan. For further information, see Terms of our Website.
Follow Dr. Jiwani