Dr. Jiwani has graduated from an accredited naturopathic medical school, which provides a standardized medical & naturopathic education to graduate licensed naturopathic physicians.
Naturopathic Education includes approximately:
- 1500 hours of basic clinical sciences
- 1900 hours of standard medical therapeutics (e.g., pharmacology, family Medicine, internal medicine etc.)
- extensive training in various naturopathic treatments as below
- additional certifications may be achieved with additional education, examinations and licensing
Licensed Naturopathic Physicians are trained as General Practitioners of Complementary Medicine.
Naturopathic Training includes:
- Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine
- Botanical Medicine
- Homeopathic Medicine
- Manipulative & Physical Medicine
- Nutritional Medicine
- Preventive Medicine
Dr. Jiwani has completed additional education and examinations required for additional certifications.
Additional Certifications include:
Registrants are required to hold College certifications in the following specified aspects of practice before practising them:
- Part A: Peripheral Joints e.g. toes, ankles, knees, hips, fingers wrist, elbow, shoulder, using prolotherapy, PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) solutions, viscosupplement solutions (hyaluronic acid, Synvisc, Hylgan, etc. ), corticosteroids, or any other solutions or therapies approved by the College.
- Part B: Axial Skeleton e.g.: cervical, thoracic, lumbar, lumbar-sacral, sacro-iliac, intercostal, and rib using prolotherapy solutions, PRP solutions, viscosupplement solutions, (hyaluronic acid, Synvisc, Hylgan, etc.), corticosteroids and other therapies or solutions approved by the College.
- Cosmetic botulinum toxin
- Facial mesotherapy, fat reduction and body contouring using injection or other devices
- Injectable fillers
- Microdermabrasion and chemical peels
- Photorejuvenation and high frequency electromagnetic treatments
- PRP injections to the face and other skin areas for aesthetic purposes
These specified aspects of practice require additional education and training in order to obtain certification. For further information about each certification, including the specific application requirements for each certification, see the corresponding links.
All registrants must maintain CPR for HCP with AED. Additionally, registrants with certifications must hold advanced emergency training (ACLS and/or NCLS, or NALS) in addition to CPR for HCP with AED. The College is currently in the process of phasing in updated standards for registrants’ emergency training qualifications: Naturopathic Advanced Life Support (“NALS”) (CNPBC, Sept 2019)
Naturopathic Accreditation & Examinations
Accredited Naturopathic Medical Schools
Association of Accredited Naturopathic Medical Colleges
This information is for educational purposes only and does not advocate self-diagnosis. Due to individual variability, consultation with a licensed health professional, such as a licensed naturopathic physician is highly recommended, prior to starting a natural treatment plan. For further information, see Terms of our Website.
Follow Dr. Jiwani