Pharmaceutical (Drug) Prescription Refill Policy
- Please bring all of your prescription drugs to your appointment as Dr. Jiwani is licensed with pharmaceutical prescribing authority and needs to know everything you’re ingesting to oversee a safe integration of natural and pharmaceutical treatments.
- Dr. Jiwani needs to closely monitor your drug medications to ensure that you can safely continue your particular prescriptions at the appropriate dose, frequency and term. Dr. Jiwani will prescribe required medications for a term that she feels is suitable until your next recommended appointment.
- All pharmaceutical drug prescriptions require an appointment with Dr. Jiwani to authorize a prescription refill as your current health status may vary due to proposed dietary and lifestyle changes.
- You should be aware of how long your prescription drugs will last and schedule your appointment accordingly.
- Please note that we are not a walk-in clinic, and cannot accommodate random patient appointments in fairness to patients who have scheduled their appointments.
- If you require an emergency refill and are unable to see Dr. Jiwani in time, please see your medical doctor or go to your nearest walk-in clinic. Some pharmacists, at their discretion, may provide a short term prescription of 3-7 days, until you can see Dr. Jiwani for assessment and refills.
- Please plan ahead for prescription refills when traveling or during clinic closures for conferences and holidays.
- Please understand that it is your responsibility as a patient to ensure that you have a sufficient amount of your prescription medication and to schedule your next appointment in advance, with sufficient time to see Dr. Jiwani for a prescription refill. Please give us a minimum of two months notice to schedule your next appointment.
This information is for educational purposes only and does not advocate self-diagnosis. Due to individual variability, consultation with a licensed health professional, such as a naturopathic physician is highly recommended, prior to starting a natural treatment plan. For further information, see Terms of our Website.
Follow Dr. Jiwani